Hey Hot Stuff! Everyone loves Sriracha and Popcorn. So why not make these easy Sriracha Popcorn balls for you next holiday meet up.
I’m proud to be working with CVS Pharmacy to help spread the word about #BetterHealthMadeEasy and how to #FindYourHealthy. All opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
Holiday are overwhelming.
Sriracha Popcorn balls, using convenient, ready made Sriracha Popcorn from Gold Emblem Abound, sold at CVS. You’re probably already stopping there for something, right?
Busy much? The holiday season is upon us. I’m always trying to come up with new, easy recipes to try. Stress on the easy, and less stress on ME. The fewer places I have to go to shop, and less time and clean up involved, the better!
When I saw the Sriracha Popcorn from Gold Emblem Abound at CVS, I knew I had to try making some popcorn balls. Everyone loves Sriracha, and popcorn. Bonus points for our family and gluten free pals, because this is also a gluten free treat.
It’s easy to dress up these balls for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s gatherings. That’s an additional win!
Making these is similar to making Rice Krispie treats, and I can do all the melting in one giant glass bowl in the microwave, which means less clean up afterwards. Another win!
Here’s What You Need to Make Sriracha Popcorn Balls:
- Two Large 5 oz bags of Sriracha Popcorn from Gold Emblem Abound
- 1/2 Stick of butter
- 1/4c brown sugar
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
Makes 25 tennis ball sized balls
Here’s What to Do to Make Sriracha Popcorn Balls:
- Place marshmallows and chunked butter into large glass bowl in microwave and melt in 15 second increments, pausing to stir between each round.
- Stir in brown sugar until evenly incorporated. Mixture should be smooth and creamy. Be careful – mixture is hot!
- Pour in the first bag of popcorn and gently stir till coated. Keep adding popcorn from the second bag until the mixture is the consistency you want.*
- When mixture is fully distributed, and cool enough to handle, make popcorn balls. You’ll want to have well greased hands – this is critical.
- Now is the time to decorate and add optional additional flavor/decor ingredients. They are fine as is but you could dress them up if you want to get fancy.
Note:I prefer a slightly less gooey/dryer mix which is a little less sweet. You might like it more marshmallow-y. You might use closer to one and a half bags where I would go for closer to two, and that’s ok!
Some ideas for embellishing the balls include:
- Dark chocolate drizzle
- Roll in colored sprinkles or tinted sugar
- Sprinkle with bacon salt
Place the balls on waxed paper or into paper muffin cup liners. They will keep in a sealed container for up to 3 days if you want to make these ahead of time.
Save yourself this holiday season:
Have you checked out all the great food items available at CVS lately?
As part of its ongoing commitment to health, CVS Pharmacy offers convenient, wholesome foods for holiday entertaining, as well as festive indulgences. With the expansion of its exclusive Gold Emblem Abound and Gold Emblem lines, healthier snacking is now more convenient than ever, with affordable and delicious options that appeal to a wide variety of preferences.
Gold Emblem Abound is the exclusive snack and grocery line from CVS Pharmacy offering more than 100 wholesome and great-tasting products that are free from artificial flavors, preservatives, and trans fats.
With many products that offer nutritional benefits tailored to your dietary preferences (including options that are gluten-free, organic, high in protein, high in fiber, low in sodium, and more), it’s never been easier and more convenient to find high-quality, flavorful and healthier options.
Gold Emblem is the exclusive line from CVS Pharmacy offering more than 250 great-tasting snacks, beverages and groceries – including nuts, trail mixes, chips, pretzels, dried fruits, cookies, spices, condiments, baking essentials and more.