Every once in a while I make something that is super easy, and a total success and life… is good.
I’ve read several recipes for oven chips and none really seemed right for me (gluten free and lazy) so in the end I decided to wing it, and went with the following plan.
- I sliced my zucchini into thin rounds. How thin? Not mandoline thin… not see through. But as thin as I could with my kitchen knife and still keep them in coins.
- I lined a pan with foil and sprayed with Trader Joe’s olive oil spray.
- I beat two eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In a second bowl I mixed about 4 parts crunched up cornflakes with 1 part fresh parmesan cheese.
- The hardest part…. Not so hard actually. I dipped the coins in the egg, gave them a little shake, dipped them in the cornflake mix to lightly coat, and placed on the baking sheet.
The sheets went into a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes till hot and crispy. I served with Trader Joes Yogurt dip with Cilantro and Chives. Which was a perfect topper! There were no leftovers. These were devoured before dinner hit the table.