Want to know my kid’s idea of a dream party? Picture a ton of giant bean bags clustered around powercubes with enough Nintendo 3ds units for everyone. There’s brand a new Kirby game and giant inflatables featuring their favorite pink dude. There’s also character and celeb appearances. There’s a custom tee station too, so you can bring home a souvenir. Also… candy. Loads and loads of pink candy.
Got that Nintendo? No problem you say?
It’s not every blogger event that has my kids so giddy. But this one celebrating the release of Nintendo Kirby Planet Robobot? This one was a winner. Not only was the event itself awesome from a kid’s perspective, my kids could not wait to get their hands on Nintendo’s latest release for the 3DS.
Here’s a quick video and tutorial from the Kirby Planet Robobot Nintendo 3DS launch party that we shared on Facebook live.
Also at the event were Peyton List from Disney’s “Bunk’d’ who is starring in the upcoming feature “The Thinning” and Spencer List from “The Bachelors”.
What can we expect from Kirby in the new Planet Robobot game? A lot of fun adventures and some cool new ways to play!
- For the first time in a Kirby game, jump into the mysterious Robobot Armor to scan enemies and shape-shift into powerful Modes, including a jet or car
- Inhale and swallow enemies to gain more than 20 different Copy Abilities, some new to the series like the Doctor, which lets Kirby throw pills and mix concoctions, and ESP, giving Kirby Psychic powers to use against enemies.
- Play solo through different areas of Planet Popstar in Story Mode, each containing several stages.
- Use the Wireless or Download Play feature in Team Kirby Clash, an RPG-styled mini-game, to play with up to four players.
- Tap any compatible amiibo figure in Story Mode and Kirby will inhale the figure to gain a random Copy Ability or a character-specific Copy Ability
- Tapping the Link amiibo gives Kirby the Sword ability, for example, while characters like Sonic or Ryu grant a random Copy Ability.
- Tap any of the new Kirby series amiibo figures to give Kirby a unique look or special Copy Ability, like King Dedede’s Hammer or UFO Copy Ability.
We enjoyed watching some live demos of the game and playing through some levels ourselves at the party. Can’t wait to do a more detailed review soon.
Check out the game trailer on the Kirby Planet Robobot page.