Once upon a time, upgrading your entertainment system meant calling a contractor and tech specialist but with the Polk Command Bar With Alexa from Best Buy – anyone can have a near theater like experience in no time flat.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Just in time for the fall season, our entertainment system just got better. So much better, thanks to the Polk Command Bar with Alexa, from Best Buy
Years ago when my house was first built, we had the contractor install surround sound speakers. We had an AV guy do the wiring and with a tuner and a vw-beetle sized subwoofer parked in the corner behind the sofa table, we were rockin. But then a few years later the tuner broke. Then we switched cable systems. We got a new couch and the massive subwoofer did not fit anymore. As if that was not enough, our new TV had different inputs that did not work with the old tuner system.
We sort of forgot about the speakers in the ceiling and settled for inferior sound. For years. Tragic, right?
I missed the sound system. Movie night is not quite the same without a little bass. I’d toyed with hiring someone to get us up and running again. Bids came in crazy expensive and we never found anything that would work simply. Is anyone’s entertainment system simple anymore? When I describe ours I feel like I’m ordering an overly elaborate coffee drink. I’ll have an ethernet wired Cable Service with a Firestick Streaming Device and a shot of Bluetooth, please.
Remember when TV systems were simple and you didn’t need six separate remotes?!
Amazon, Hulu, Netflix and YouTube viewing is probably half of what we watch on a regular basis. Plus we have an Alexa that we use constantly for everything from setting a timer, to answering questions, to listening to music and ordering more coffee, front and center in the family room. It’s no wonder I didn’t address the speaker situation for so long. I did not want to spend a fortune or need to hire a consultant.
Polk pretty much answered my prayers. The Command Bar with Alexa takes all our existing tech and integrates it, making everything better. And we can keep ignoring the built in speakers, because we don’t need them.
We are thrilled to have amazing sound-you-can-feel in our lives again. We can also control the tv and the system with our voice. No more searching for or arguing over the remote.
The Polk Command Bar system has Alexa integrated into it. Therefore, it’s easy to do things like turn the volume up and down, pause what you are viewing and search for shows/movies – just by speaking. Alexa integrates with the fire stick. No more searching for the (right) missing remote.
Polk Command Bar with Alexa Specs:
- Built-in Amazon Alexa Easily control, monitor and schedule your electronics using your voice.
- 260W total output power Provides quality sound for your favorite movies, shows, games and music.
- Performance-tuned driver array, wireless subwoofer and Dolby/DTS surround sound decoding Offer an immersive, room-filling home theater experience.
- Bluetooth music streaming Makes it easy to enjoy tracks stored on a compatible Bluetooth-enabled device (not included).
- Sleek appearance Fits seamlessly along most HDTVs for a streamlined look.
- Universal Compatibility Included High-Speed HDMI and Optical cables ensure quick and easy setup and the low-profile 2″ design won’t block your TV’s screen.
- Fire TV Compatible HDMI ports designed and spaced to fit Fire TV and other wide HDMI streaming devices. Built-in USB port also powers original and 4K versions of Fire TV (where Fire TV is available).
There is a running joke in our family that when the remote is missing, someone is usually sitting on it. We’ll have to put that joke to rest now.
I should add that this system was super easy to set up, by myself. It’s pretty straightforward. No contractor needed. It fits nicely and easily into our entertainment unit, beneath the television.
The Alexa that was in the family room, is getting moved to the upstairs office. I’m able to stream my music via bluetooth and access Alexa on the Polk System in the family room/kitchen now. By getting this system, I am also able to upgrade another area of my home. That’s a bonus too!