Pretty, festive and delicious. That about sums up this Pistachio Cranberry Cheese Log. It’s going to to look Pinterest worthy. People will ask for the recipe. Your choice whether you want to tell them how easy it was to whip this up.
If you don’t like cheese, I’m not sure we can still be friends. Cheese is one of those things that I try not to overdo it on (it would be soooo easy) but when it comes to parties, I’d rather indulge a little and be happy that deprive myself and be sad
I’m proud to be working with CVS Pharmacy to help spread the word about #BetterHealthMadeEasy and how to #FindYourHealthy. All opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
I love the pairing of goat cheese, with tart dried fruit and crunchy pistachios. I’ve cut the goat cheese with some cream cheese because it helps the log set up better and because some people in my family don’t love goat cheese as much as me. Silly people. This makes it a little milder. Feel free to go all goat if you’re like me and love the stuff. Or you could go all cream cheese or a blend of cream cheese and mascarpone.
What You Need for a Pistachio Cranberry Cheese Log:
- 5 oz of goat cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp raspberry flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted pistachios, skins rubbed off prior to chopping*
What to Do to Make the Pistachio Cranberry Cheese Log:
- In the bowl of a mixer or food processor, combine goat cheese, cream cheese and chopped cranberries. Mix or pulse till all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Scrape cheese mixture onto cling wrap or wax paper, form into a 6 inch log, and place in refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes or longer
- Place chopped pistachio nuts on a plate, reserving some to scoop on the top of the log. Roll/press nuts into the cheese, coating as evenly as possible. Re-wrap the cheese log with cling wrap or waxed paper, re-shape if needed and chill until ready to serve. This is best made a day in advance and left to chill and set overnight.
Serve with crackers, toast squares or pita chips
Prior to chopping pistachios, place in a dry kitchen towel and massage/rub them a bit. This only takes a minute or two and will remove some of the brown nut skin. That’s going to result in a “greener” and sweeter nut coating for your cheese log.
Save yourself this holiday season:
Have you checked out all the great food items available at CVS lately?
As part of its ongoing commitment to health, CVS Pharmacy offers convenient, wholesome foods for holiday entertaining, as well as festive indulgences. With the expansion of its exclusive Gold Emblem Abound and Gold Emblem lines, healthier snacking is now more convenient than ever, with affordable and delicious options that appeal to a wide variety of preferences.
Gold Emblem Abound is the exclusive snack and grocery line from CVS Pharmacy offering more than 100 wholesome and great-tasting products that are free from artificial flavors, preservatives, and trans fats.
With many products that offer nutritional benefits tailored to your dietary preferences (including options that are gluten-free, organic, high in protein, high in fiber, low in sodium, and more), it’s never been easier and more convenient to find high-quality, flavorful and healthier options.
Gold Emblem is the exclusive line from CVS Pharmacy offering more than 250 great-tasting snacks, beverages and groceries – including nuts, trail mixes, chips, pretzels, dried fruits, cookies, spices, condiments, baking essentials and more.