Back to School means back to carpool duty for many of us moms. Is your car ready to transport a van-load of starving school kids in need of a healthy snack? Here’s how to make your carpool the most in-demand ride around. Just install a mobile snack bar stocked with healthy CVS Gold Emblem and Gold Emblem Abound Goodies
I’m proud to be working with CVS Pharmacy to help spread the word about #BetterHealthMadeEasy and how to #FindYourHealthy. All opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
Don’t let hangry kids degrade into a hot mess of bickering. Prepare yourself now with a healthy mobile snack bar that will keep your car cooler and score you points for preparedness. Not only is this healthy. It’s also easy.
Not quite a food truck, but almost as awesome.
Everyone loves a food truck right? Let’s go with that. With ever changing daily specials and surprise items on the “menu”, everyone is going to look forward to your arrival. It doesn’t take a lot of effort to create a mobile snack bar that will turn your daily carpool into the most sought after backseat on the block.
Just about everything you need to set up your mobile snack bar can be sourced at CVS. Have I mentioned how often I am at CVS? Oh yes, I have! We seem to hit our local CVS nearly daily. It’s our everything store – for meds, household items, cosmetics, shampoo, and more. Thanks to all the delicious, healthy and affordable Gold Emblem and Gold Emblem Abound products, we also love to stock up on snacks at CVS. There are some great deals and so many gluten-free choices that are perfect for my family. Think nuts, freeze dried fruit, granola…
Just tell the kids not to tweet your location if they don’t want to have to share all their snacks!
How to create your Mobile Snack Bar:
- Use what you have or pick up a container. It should be easy to transport in and out of your car for refills and cleanings and stable enough to place on the floor or an unused seat. Some good choices include a shallow bucket or caddy for cleaning supplies.
- Next, fill up the caddy with healthy tasty snacks. I like to look for snacks with pre-portioned sizes like these Gold Emblem Abound treats:
Doesn’t all this stuff look tasty? My kids love the Sriracha popcorn especially.
Some of my favorite Gold Emblem Abound treats are in larger bags so I just go ahead and bag up some pre-measured portions of these in small baggies. I love that the Gold Emblem Abound products come in resealable bags. It is easy to use as only as much as you need and the rest stays fresh.
Some considerations for your Mobile Snack Bar:
- Make sure to clear your snack bar plan with the parents of any and all kids you might be transporting and check about allergies before you shop.
- Toss in a few cold water bottles (we like to use our reusable ones).
- Make sure there’s something for you as well!
- Look for snacks that are shelf stable and that don’t get icky if you have to park your car for a few minutes and run into the school. Nobody wants melted chocolate.
- Take your Snack Bar into the house regularly to clean it out and restock it. We keep a snack basket in the pantry ready to fill the mobile snack bar back up in a hurry.
- Place a small roll of trash bags and a packet of hand wipes in the caddy for quick and easy clean ups and trash disposal. We tied a length of small doggie disposal bags around the handle of our caddy, so they are always handy.
- Mix up the snack choices, so there is always an element of surprise! Fortunately there are so many options from Gold Emblem and Gold Emblem Abound that we don’t have to worry about getting bored.
If you haven’t already checked out the wide variety of Gold Emblem & Gold Emblem Abound products at CVS – do it now! There’s so much good stuff to send your kids back to school with.
Need a fun snack-tivity? Check out these Nutty Poppers we made with our Gold Emblem snacks, and a few simple supplies. These are also great for road trips.