I can’t believe it’s already that time of year again! All of Southern California looks forward to the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival every year.
Thanks to Knott’s for sending me some tasty Boysenberry festival product samples to try out at home!
From April 1 – 23, Knott’s Boysenberry festival features one-of-a-kind and unbelievable boysenberry based (and inspired) food items, craft beverages, desserts, plus live entertainment, and fun for everyone!
During the festival, you will have the opportunity to sample a delicious array of boysenberry dishes, drinks and more such as:
• Ribs, grilled chicken, meatballs, and more, smothered in our very own farm-made Berry Market Boysenberry BBQ sauce
• The incredible Fun Bun, a deep-fried cinnamon bun coated in funnel cake batter topped with delicious boysenberry cream cheese
• Debut of Boysenberry Pizza
• PLUS – a new boysenberry dessert created by the culinary team
• And more amazing items only available during Knott’s Boysenberry Festival
The roots of Knott’s Berry Farm stretch back to the early 1930s when Walter Knott nurtured the only surviving boysenberry vines back to health and began selling the berries from his fruit stand on Beach Blvd. in Buena Park, California.
The popular purple little boysenberry put Knott’s Berry Farm on the road to being America’s first theme park. The rest, as they say, is history!
As the birthplace of the delectable boysenberry Knott’s Berry Farm once again showcases the little berry that started it all with a spectacular 23-day food and beverage celebration. For more information, please visit the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival information page.
Want to bring the festival home? Be sure to pick up some of the wonderful Boysenberry products so you can try these tasty recipes at home. I’m looking forward to trying the Boysenberry BBQ sauce.
Have you been to the Boysenberry Festival? What’s your favorite treat?