Mystical, magical Joshua Tree is known for the ability to inspire. This nature’s playground often feels like a cosmic artist’s canvas, stretched from horizon to horizon.
It isn’t surprising that artists have been flocking to the desert for generations, drawn in by the vivid sunsets, velvet night skies and pastel smudged hilltops.
The 29 Palms Creative Center, located adjacent to the 29 Palms Inn, is a hub where local artists can gather, where visitors can shop, and anyone can pop in for a lesson and creative time. It’s a particularly kid friendly place to visit. It’s definitely worth a shop if you are looking for a unique keepsake or an opportunity to get a little paint on your shoes, and a must if you are staying at the dreamy 29 Palms Inn.
Let’s face it, not everyone wants to hike. Kids get tired and little kids in particular might need an activity to decompress after a long car ride, or a long walk. Walk ins are welcome here and wandering around the gallery is also encourages. There are many “instant gratification” style projects to pick from.
A watchful walk in the desert plus some peaceful hours making something with my own two hands sounds almost heaving to me. I can’t think of a better way to fuel my soul and refresh my spirit than some time in nature followed by the meditation of mixing colors on a palette, to match the blushing colors of the sky.
Visit the 29 Palms Creative Center website for more information on available classes and exhibiting local artists.
More Things to See and Do in San Bernadino County:
- Experiencing Fall at Oak Glen Village
- A Taste of Colonial Life at Riley’s Stone Soup Farm
- Spending The Night at an Oasis in Joshua Tree
- Where to Express Your Artistic Self in Joshua Tree
- Taking a Walk in the National Park at Joshua Tree NSP
- Where to Eat Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in Joshua Tree
- Where to Watch the Sun Set & Moonrise in Joshua Tree
- Horseback Riding Along the Pacific Crest Trail
- The Alpine Zoo of San Bernadino
- Shopping at Lake Arrowhead Village
- A Visit to Santa’s Village at Skypark