We love to share Thanksgiving and this week we are ready to take the show on the road, bringing a Gratitude Jar when we attend Thanksgiving dinner at a family member’s house (I am thankful that we are being hosted this year!).
Avery makes it so very simple (thanks Avery!) to print and create a Gratitude Jar that is just perfect for bringing along to a family holiday celebration.
It could not be easier to make! All you need is a standard Mason jar, some labels and cards and decorative string. Here’s how to do it:
- To create your own Gratitude Jar, choose a smooth-sided mason jar. Use Avery 2” Round Labels for the side and top of the jar, product number 22807 or 22817.
- Visit avery.com/print to use the free Avery Design & Print Online software.
- In the Start a New Project search box, enter your Avery product number, for example 22807.
- You’ll see all the great designs for these labels. Using the design categories on the left side of the page, go to the Holidays section and then choose Thanksgiving.
- Click to select the Gratitude design, or choose a different one if you prefer.
- On the Customize page, click on the text box and edit your text. You can change font style and color and drag and drop to move text boxes or images.
- When you’re done with your changes, click Preview & Print.
- You can go back to make more changes, or click Print and follow the instructions to print from your printer (or you can order from Avery’s WePrint service and they’ll print and send to you).
- To print matching cards, use Avery Business Cards, product number 8871. Follow the same steps above to personalize them at avery.com/print.
- If you want to spread the gratitude and create jars for friends and colleagues, you can add a personalized Avery Tag, product number 22802.
- Have friends and family write their notes of gratitude and place the cards in the jar. Share them aloud on Thanksgiving or on any other day.