If you are a homeowner you probably worked long and hard to get where you are. Years of work and savings poured into making those 4 brick walls and roof your family refuge. A home is where important life memories are made, where family and friends can gather, and where you can enjoy a sense of safety and comfort. Your home is something that you work hard to call your own and should never be in fear of losing due to unforeseen circumstances.
No one thinks it can happen to them, but it does happen. I am talking about foreclosure. It is a nauseating word, but it happens every single day to millions of American families. About one in 13 homeowners nationwide has fallen behind on his or her mortgage payments, putting them at a higher risk of foreclosure.
You do not have to go through this alone – and you DO have options!
Through the federal Making Home Affordable (MHA) program, 1.8 million families have received much-needed help by reducing their monthly mortgage payments an average of nearly $500/month.
The deadline to apply for mortgage help through MHA is Friday, December 30, 2016.
While the end of the program is quickly approaching, don’t worry—there is still time to gather your information and apply. Homeowners who submit an application on or before December 30, 2016 will still be considered!
Making Home Affordable can help homeowners:
- Identify the situation – MHA has a solution that can fit your needs, you just have to figure out which one best describes you.
- Explore program options – There are several program options to choose from to help you get the best support and avoid foreclosure.
- Prepare what will be needed – a comprehensive list of the documents required to support your application.
- Apply for the right solution – The sooner you apply, the sooner you can get help!
If you’re struggling to make your monthly mortgage payments, call 888-995-HOPE (4673) ™. Housing experts are available around-the-clock (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) at no cost. They will help you understand your options and design a plan to suit your individual situation. You can also visit MakingHomeAffordable.gov to access free resources and information to help deal with your mortgage problems and avoid foreclosure.
With less than 3 months remaining to apply for help through MHA, we need your help spreading the word to the approximately 1 in 17 homeowners nationwide who have fallen behind on their mortgage payments, putting them at a higher risk of foreclosure! Please help us spread the word. You never know who you know that might be struggling to pay their mortgage and could use this help.
Share on social media:
- #DYK the Making Home Affordable Program ends in 2016? Here are 4 things you need to know from @MHA4You #KeepYourHomehttp://bit.ly/2aJ3JvE
- MHA ends December 2016. 4 things you should know about the application deadline from @MHA4You #KeepYourHomehttp://bit.ly/2aJ3JvE
- Having trouble making your mortgage payments? Get help through @MHA4You: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzo40F7l3xQ#KeepYourHome
- 1 in 17 U.S. homeowners have fallen behind on their mortgage payment. Making Home Affordable can help struggling homeowners reduce their monthly mortgage payments & avoid foreclosure. Call 888-995-HOPE (4673) or visit MakingHomeAffordable.gov to learn more. [image]