Father’s Day is just around the corner and there is no better gift for Dad than security. This Father’s Day we suggest the Gift of Peace of Mind via the unique DIY home security solution, Ring Video Doorbell. This sleek connected home security solution calls a user’s smartphone when pushed, enabling homeowners to see and speak with visitors… from anywhere in the world.
Thanks to Ring Video Doorbell for sponsoring this post and giving me the opportunity to try and review the system.
Of course it’s fun to use at home as well. For years we’ve been trying to solve the mystery of the neighborhood “ding dong ditcher.” I can’t wait to capture the perp on video! And then there’s all the magazine salespeople, mulch vendors and extermination companies that ring our bell regularly, despite the signs and our neighborhood’s “no solicitation” rule. I hate running down the stairs when I’m expecting a UPS package, only to find a dude with a clipboard and a hard sell waiting for me on the other side of my front door.
Earlier this year I was traveling to Dublin when my daughter called me frantic. It was 3 am back home. The cat had been yowling by the courtyard door. When she went to see what was making the cat so upset she discovered that a coyote was in our courtyard, staring hungrily through the glass at our pet. There was little actual danger but I was disturbed by the thought of prowlers and the idea of not knowing what’s out there. Enough already, I thought. I made a mental note to add video to our current security system
Little did I know how easy that would be with Ring.
Ring Video Doorbell is a unique DIY home security solution, that includes a dual-powered, Wi-Fi- enabled, HD video doorbell that:
- Streams live audio and video of a home’s front doorstep directly to a smartphone or tablet.
- Enables homeowners to see and speak with visitors from anywhere in the world via the free iOS, Android or Windows 10 desktop app.
- Can prevent break-ins by giving burglars the impression you’re always home, reducing crime and making communities safer.
- Integrates with existing security systems such as ADT.
- Offers optional accessories like Ring Chime, a compatible Wi-Fi speaker that sounds within the home when the Ring Doorbell is pressed.
I did not quite believe the instructions when they said we’d be up and running in five minutes. But we were. It was as simple as joining the wifi at Starbucks. All you really need to know is your network and password. Screwing in the mounts to attach the system took another 5-7 minutes or so.
My kids are a little giddy about this system. My 19 yo daughter is now hoping the coyote will come back, so we can get him on tape. The Ring Doorbell and surveillance cameras store video in the cloud for you to review later. I downloaded video from our set up session and screen shot it here to share it with you.
If you or your partner travel, I cannot stress how comforting it is to be able to see who is at your front door, and even to speak with them through the unit’s built-in mic, no matter where in the world you are. This is such a perfect and thoughtful Father’s Day gift.
Want to learn more and enter to win a Ring Video Doorbell System? RSVP for the Twitter Party and join us on Tuesday.
Ring is giving away the system you received and you can share a chance to win the exact system with your followers! Please see the rules here. (To be eligible to win: RSVP, respond to one question in the chat, and add #AlwaysHome and #contest to the tweet with the response)
Some more info about the Ring Video Doorbell System:
Ring Video Doorbell Features
- Built-in motion sensors trigger instant mobile alerts when they detect movement, givingusers the ability to know what’s happening on their property at all times.
- Cover a 180-degree field of view and up to 30 feet in range.
- 720p HD wide-angle lens captures every activity detected by the motion sensors.
- Users can set up motion detection zones to make sure they only receive important notifications.
- Ring offers free cloud storage for 30 days, after which it’s just $3 per month ($30 per year) for 6 months of video and audio recordings.
- Powered by either its 5,200mAh internal rechargeable battery or through existing doorbell wiring.
Ring Stick Up Cam
- Stick Up Cam is a self-install wire-free, outdoor security camera with two-way audio motion detection, cloud HD video recording and night vision. When used with Ring Video Doorbell, Stick Up Cam provides a full ring of security around customers’ homes.
- Weather-resistant and wire-free, mount Stick Up Cam anywhere on your home to see hear, and speak with visitors via the free Ring App.
- When used together with Ring Video Doorbell, the Stick Up Cam provides a full ring of security around your home. This self-install security system enables you to monitor and interact with anyone on your property, no matter where you are. With Ring, you’re #AlwaysHome.
- Unlike traditional home security cameras that only offer video monitoring, Stick Up Cam also enables users to engage in two-way conversations with whoever is on their property in real-time via their mobile devices and the built-in speakers & microphone.
- Battery operated: Never worry about wiring your Stick Up Cam thanks to Ring’s 5,200mAH internal rechargeable battery.
- Motion Detection: Customize motion zones and sensitivity to activate Stick Up Cam and trigger Ring App alerts
- Night vision: Infrared LEDs capture motion and activity around the cloud
- Cloud video recording: Capture and share the moments that matter most with optional cloud video recording.
How it Works:
- Ring Video Doorbell and Cams built-in motion sensors detect movement as someone approaches the door, triggering instant mobile alerts and initiating HD video recording.
- Users can view, save and share Ring video recordings with law enforcement officials.
- Ring Video Doorbell footage has helped police identify and arrest burglars across the country.
- Certain insurance providers offer discounts, and special benefits for policy holders who use the system.