Looking for some midsummer fun? Check out all that Knotts has to offer this summer! There’s brand new rides like the Iron Reef (this one is SUPER FUN), Laser Tag and a chance to cool off at Snoopy on Ice – a skating spectacular that pays homage to Hollywood.
We recently spent a fun summer day at Knotts and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I thought I’d come up with our top list of things to do, and share some of the video that I shot on Periscope. We’re so lucky to live so close to a theme park that has fun for everyone, big and small!
1. Pie. It all kind of started with the Boysenberries so it seems like it wouldn’t be right to come to Knotts in the summer without eating pie. Unless you are gluten free like me, and find yourself taking far too many photos of the delicious looking pie while breathing in the scent. Please. Eat a slice for me.
2. The New Iron Reef Ride. Whoa – this one is super fun! It’s a similated submarine ride with a ton of arcade action. In 3d. This is one I could ride two or three times in a row, happily, trying to top my last score.
3. Roller Coasters! Until we started going to Knott’s, I had no idea what Roller Coaster freaks my kids were. All my kids. Even the 7 yr old is hoping to grow *faster* so he can ride the larger coasters sooner. This last trip he took on Boomerang and Jaguar (the 10 year old rode Accelerator) and had plenty to say about the experiences. We captured some of this on Periscope.
4. Arcade Games. Good old fashioned arcade games are big part of the Knott’s experience. You need to do at least one or two. One of these days we will win one of the really big prizes and I’ll be that silly parent schlepping a human size stuffed dog home, along with the happiest kid on the planet. Such simple joy,
5. Geodes. In Calico town you can purchase one of my favorite theme park souvenirs ever – a geode that you select and that they saw open before your very eyes. It’s an exciting production with a lasting memory, and one geode (split) serves as a souvenir for two kids. Not bad for $12-20.
6. Snoopy on Ice. These productions at Knott’s never fail to get me. They are just… fun. Campy, not schlocky. The performers are good at their parts – there is just enough daredevil excitement and top 50 hits, paired with the nostalgic Peanuts characters.
7. Dippin’ Dots. Nothing says summer like this pretty frozen treat available throughout Knotts.
8. River Rapids, Log flumes… any ride that gets you wet. When temps soar, take it from us – getting wet is a treat!
9. Human Dryers. This is what you do if you get a litte too wet or if it’s starting to get a bit chilly out.
10 Fast Passes. These are totally worth it if you are only at Knott’s for the day. Passes get you in and out of rides so much faster, so you’ll be able to cram so much more in. If you are a frequent visitor, however, you might consider springing for an annual pass so that you can see and experience the park at your leisure.