As a Cali native and Disneyland Annual Pass Holder, I never really saw what the big deal was about the Magic Bands. Sure they are cute and you can personalize and decorate them, but it hardly seemed worth the fuss for a fancy bracelet. Until now.
After my recent week at Disneyworld with Disney’s Social Media Moms, I’m singing a different tune about doing Disney with Magicbands. One that’s a lot more “Zippety Doo Dah.”
I was part of the #DisneySMMC Social Media Moms Celebration in Orlando Florida, and experienced select benefits as part of my attendance. As usual, all opinions are my own.
We loved doing Disney with Magicbands on this trip! The bands are the bomb. They are so seamlessly integrated into all of the parks, and they make your experience far smoother and easier. Here are some specific examples of how/when.
1. Your kid needs to pee REAL BAD and is running back to the room. Since the bracelets are the room key there is no need to run with them, or worry about them dropping, fumbling with, or losing the room key. They can run ahead. This is true for you as well. Getting in and out of your room just got so much easier.
2. Grabbing that photo you just HAVE to have of yourself on Splash Mountain. No problem. Just scan your band (it’s as simple as touching your wrist to the Mickey disk) and it’s added to your account. You can purchase individual photos or if you have Disney’s Memory maker, it’s instantly yours in digital form.
3. Paying for anything, anywhere in the Parks and on the resort property. Forget about bringing cash and credit cards with you and constantly fishing for a quarter to pay for ice cream. Even the kiosks are equipped with scanners that can link to your bank card. Simply touch your wrist to the scanner, enter your security pin and you’ve paid.
4. Getting in and out of all the parks, faster. You can now enter with just a wave of your hand and a quick fingerprint scan. Zoom! One less line to wait in.
5. Flexing your FastPass Muscle. No need to keep track of those paper tickets. The info is stored in your band. Make reservations online, ahead of time and the info will be available in your bands.
6. Retrieving your dinner reservations. Speaking of reservations – no need to scroll through your phone or print these out. Your reservations are automatically transferred to your band as well.
7. Expressing yourself. There are a thousand ways to express yourself with your magic band. Choose the perfect color or character band and then decorate with pop on/off Bandits and sliders. Designing and customizing your band is half the fun!
8. Special Games – At several locations throughout the parks you can participate in interactive games and scavenger hunts, using your band to unlock clues and bring displays to life. Magic!
Bottom Line: I’m a magic band convert. I cannot wait till this system is implemented on the West Coast. The one drawback? When you get home and try to start the car and pay for groceries with your bracelet. Sadly that magic isn’t good anywhere else but at Disneyworld.