I’m giving away a pair of tickets to the OC Fair! Scroll down to see how to enter to win.
TOP 5 Reasons my Grade Schooler Needs a Cell Phone
- Traffic. Traffic on the 405 can be a bear. Barely a week goes by that I don’t have to call the school or my older kids about delays.
- Entertainment. See traffic above… it’s a long drive to and from school. We spend a lot of that time catching up and talking but sometimes I have to take calls and sometimes the kids just want to chill and play Angry Birds and watch videos. Games and media help pass the time when we are not chatting.
- Peace of Mind. Perhaps if my son’s school was closer to home it would matter less . But that’s not our reality. I enjoy greater peace of mind knowing he can call me if the need arises, or I can call him.
- Sibling Equality. It’s so unfair when we are stuck in traffic (see #2) and I’m on a call and all his sibs are on their devices and he’s playing “punchbuggy” alone.
- Backup. If I had a nickel for every time I’ve borrowed my kid’s phones when mine was dead or lost in the depths of my purse.
Thanks to AT&T & #GoPhone, this summer I’m giving him the chance.
For the next month, while he’s closer to home, my son is going to show me how responsible he can be with his “summer phone” and we’ll see if he gets to take it to school in the fall. Obviously I will monitor his usage closely, and take this chance to teach him how to be responsible with his device.
I love that #GoPhone doesn’t require any longterm commitments. The phone and plan is indistinguishable from that of his teen siblings.
He’s excited about taking his phone to the OC Fair and taking his own photos of all the rides and fried food this week.
AT&T GoPhone has also given us a pack of two tickets to the OC Fair to give away to a reader.
ENTER TO WIN TICKETS TO THE OC FAIR: Leave a comment below by 7/14 telling me what age you think is the perfect age to consider a cell phone for a kid!
Congrats Jo Ashline! You’ve won this giveaway!