Holiday Instagram Staycation: Instagram Travel Thursday

I wish I was jetting off to an exotic location for the holidays. Oh how I wish! But it’s looking like a So Cal Christmas for us.
There are worse places to live.
IMG_0036

IMG_4111
I live in a place where you can see the sea and the snow,  on the same day.

You can take a nature walk in November. In shorts!

It’s not so bad.
I love the opportunity to see my home town like a tourist during the holidays. It’s an opportunity afforded by a picture seeking Holiday Instagram Staycation. We just have to decide what we will do and where we will go. And bring our cameras. This sounds like a dream trip to me! Taking Instagram pictures is an excuse for me to get out there and look at my environment through fresh eyes. Looking at my life through an Instagram filter, it turns out our local travels are often as exotic as our broader forays.

This post is part of Instagram Travel Thursday. Check out all the host blogs here:

Skimbaco Lifestyle
Live. Do. Grow.
Destination Unknown
Hines Sight Blog
Child Mode
Luxury Travel Mom
House of Anais

Related posts:

1. Time Travelers: Instagram Travel Thursday & Throwback Thursday
  2. Instagram Travel Thursday: Travel Bright
  3. Turning over Rocks and Instagram Travel Thursday
  4. Retail Therapy for Instagram Rockstars?
7 Responses to Holiday Instagram Staycation: Instagram Travel Thursday
  1. Katja of Skimbaco
    December 5, 2013 | 12:13 pm

East or west, home is best :) I love the pictures!

2. Reeta @houseofanais
    December 5, 2013 | 2:24 pm

Southern California is pretty exotic and cool for most of us – I thought so even when I lived in Northern California! They were worlds apart. I think with travels it’s not so much about the destination but the people you travel with that makes it special, be it local, or far away… and at the end of the trip it’s still home sweet home!

3. Rise of the ‘Staycation’ | Style Roadie
    December 7, 2013 | 7:25 am

[…] Holiday Instagram Staycation: Instagram Travel Thursday (momfluential.net) […]

4. Satu VW / Destination Unknown
    December 7, 2013 | 7:48 am

Ha ha, to me SoCal would be the dream place to be for Christmas! Or for any holiday really. Or season… Hope you have a lovely Christmas, I love these images!!

5. Elena
    December 10, 2013 | 1:28 pm

Love this–and definitely not a bad place to be. We are actually heading out of town this year- which I am thrilled about – even though it is to the cold instead of the tropics. I have already put in my request for a warm trip next year :)

6. Leigh Powell Hines
    December 11, 2013 | 2:57 pm

These photos are so pretty. Hope you join us again tomorrow. Happy Holidays!

7. Victor @theMaidLife
    December 15, 2013 | 5:47 am

In my travels I learned to truly appreciate SoCal. We have it great here! SoCala is an amazing area, especially for the holidays :)