Disclosure: I have a client relationship with Light Up Links and received product for review.
I confess. I am a sucker for great infomercial products. So it’s no surprise when my kids start jumping up and down and begging for the latest hot toy to hit the airwaves.
If it’s a clever/good product the begging commences about three seconds into the commercial. “I wannit! Canwegetit! Lookhowcool!”
Yep. Those are my kids.
We may be enthusiastic but we’re not suckers. We can spot the good stuff. Light up Links passed the three second test with my kids and probably will with yours too. Show them the commercial and see what your kids think. It’s light up stuff PLUS building stuff. See?!! The equation looks like this: Light up Stuff x Building Stuff = #WIN.
I couldn’t wait to actually test out the Light up Links “Two for One” offer and see if these building kits lived up to the TV hype. After many hours of testing and way too much fun taking photos (the lights change colors fyi), here is my Light Up Links Review
Here’s What I Discovered About The Awesomeness Of Light Up Links By Playing With Them:
- They are insanely fun/addictive to play with. As in “MOM! it’s my turn already!”
- They are easy to build with. My 5 yr old had no problem following the diagrams in the booklet
- They are gender and age flexible. My 5yr old boy can play with this with my 13 yr old daughter. That’s RARE!
- They are great for fine motor skills.
- The combo of flexible links and rods challenges kids to count, design and problem solve – great for building math skills!
- They keep kids busy for a really really really long time. It’s like screen time without the screen, or the guilt. Go ahead and watch The Voice!
- They inspire amazing creativity. Menorah, Dreidel, Pet caterpillar, Disco submarine… Yep. Just getting started
- They pair well with other toys. My sons liked building cars and space ships for their Disney Vinylmation characters
- They are oodles of fun in the bathtub with the lights turned off (see Disco Submarine above)
- The lights are activated by shaking and tapping. They turn off after a few seconds. They are made to run for 6 mo continuously so you don’t have to worry about them pooping out. No batteries required.
- They are a great take-it-with you toy. We popped all our pieces into a clear plastic carry case and take to doc appts, siblings practices and games etc.
- The 2 kits give you plenty of building options. You could buy more if you have more than one kid, but it’s not like you have to. At only $19.99 for two kits that is super affordable.
All of the above points are why I am recommending these to my friends and family for the holidays as an easy perfect gift. Buy some for your own kids and stash this in the closet for that kid you needed a present for at the very last minute (there’s always one!).
I have a Special Discount Offer for you,
but you have to act fast to get it. It’s only good through Cyber Monday! This offer has been extended till Dec. 12th! Order using code LUL for FREE SHIPPING.
Have you played with this toy? Do you kids love building toys and light up stuff? Make sure to share whatever your kids make (use hashtag #WAYToGLOW) for a chance to get featured and win fun monthly prizes on the Light Up Links Instagram and Facebook Channels