I’m so excited I could do a color war cheer. I learned so much and laughed so much during last year’s #CampChat sessions on Twitter, that I can’t wait to get started again, in conjunction with the absolutely fabulous Catalina Island Camps. How much do I love CIC? Read why I cried when my kids came home from camp here.
We’re kicking it off this Thursday evening, 3/21 at 6pm Pacific time on Twitter.
For our first chat of the season, we’ll be chatting with parents and experts about how to start the process of choosing the right camp for your kids. But as usual #CampChat promises to be so much more than that. It’s a time to engage with other families who are considering camp, or sending kids to camp, to get nostalgic about your own camp experiences (or lack of!) and to get tips on the best place to buy all those awesome supplies you’ll need to pack up you kids for a summer of fun and personal growth.
Bookmark this post to come back for the full schedule details and start looking for a good marshmallow roasting stick.
3/21 CampChat Tweetgrid: http://bit.ly/Zuex63
CampChat Dates and Topics:
- 3/21/13: Choosing the Right Camp – What to look for, What to ask, What you want to see/hear.
- 3/28/13: 21st Century Skills — Camp has them and kids need them.
- 4/11/13: A Look at Camp Staff – How CIC does Recruiting, Hiring, Training, and Supervising
- 4/25/13: Packing and Preparing for Summer Camp
- 5/9/13: What are YOU doing while the kids are away?
Are you a former camp counselor, parent of a veteran (or first time) camper, educator, camping expert or child development expert who would like to be a guest panelist? Contact me for more info!