I was thrilled when Whole Foods Laguna Niguel (close to home) opened. I’m possibly more thrilled that Whole Foods Newport (at Fashion Island, very close to my kids’ schools) will be opening later this month. That’s the one I’ll be shopping at.
I’m back and forth to the Newport Coast area every single day. Twice a day sometimes. I’ve already discussed my allergies and food issues at length on this blog – if you read it, you know I’m gluten free and as much as possible, preservative free. Knowing you should eat more healthy and be more mindful of what you put into your body is one thing. It’s a whole other thing when your body MINDS like mine does. For me, eating out, even something as simple as a salad or fruit cup, has become an absolute minefield.
Whole Foods is my one port in a storm. It’s a place I can go to and know that I’m not getting mystery preservatives and chemicals, along with my food. A place where the label clearly states the ingredients and the ingredients are from the earth, not a lab. This is exciting for everyone, but for allergic people like me, it’s even more. It’s meaningful.
So I, for one, cannot wait. I may show up for breakfast after I drop the kids off, stick around for lunch, and drop by to pick up dinner before we head home. Here’s some of the many shopping, dining and hanging out features that I’m looking forward to experiencing in this new location:
The Tea Hive:
“Customers will be able to choose green, black or oolong tea in almost any imaginable form — whether frozen, sparkling, iced or steamed. Specialty drinks are made in martini shakers by “Tea Tenders.” Among the offerings are a: Pomarita, a refreshing blend of pomegranate and tart lime with green tea, and Chocolate Chai, black tea, spiced chai, chocolate and cinnamon.”
Back Bay Tavern:
“Seating for 150 and a rotating selection of 24 craft beers on tap, plus wine and spirits, along with an extensive menu that includes beef, seafood, vegetarian and vegan meals. A smaller “Express” beer and wine bar with 12 beers on tap will be available at the front of the store for quicker service.”
- Extensive produce section: Seasonal varieties including locally grown fruits and vegetables like: California Morro Bay Avocados, organic local chards and kales, and Manessero local tomatoes and veggies.
- Meat department: Highest quality meat, from animals raised without antibiotics and added hormones. All meats adhere to Whole Foods Market’s stringent quality standards, including a full line of 100% grass-fed, locally-sourced beef and chicken, a variety of selections ready to take home and cook, and in-house smoked meats will be offered. A new ‘Get Crocked’ section that features complete meals that can be taken home and easily prepared in a crockpo
- Seafood department: Sustainably-sourced fresh filets, steaks, local and seasonal seafood, whole fish and oven-ready selections. Fresh seafood is delivered up to six days a week.
- Hot and cold bar options: Prepared salads and rotating menu items such as a smoked taco program and a full Asian menu with sushi, Japanese, Chinese and Korean options. The salad bar will be 100% organic featuring local vendors.
- Full in-store bakery: A team of dedicated bakers creating freshly made breads from scratch, including focaccias, baguettes, 100% whole grain cakes, muffins, cupcakes, fruit tarts, cookies, and special diet selections like vegan and gluten-free treats.
- Juice and coffee bar: Fresh squeezed juices and freshly brewed coffee as well as an all-new “Instant Oatmeal On-the-Go.
- Value-conscious grocery items: Whole Foods Markets 365 Everyday Value brand pantry staples with thousands of products priced at the same low prices, everyday.
- Bulk and raw foods: Extensive selection featuring heirloom beans, sprouted nuts/grains/flours
- Prepared foods: Serving a wide variety of everyday favorites such as handcrafted pizza by the slice or the whole pie, in-house chips and dips, custom-made sandwiches, bar, hot soups, meals-on-the-go and Weekday Deals.
- 48 feet of beer of which 8 feet is dedicated to all the canned beer varieties
- Cocktails made with organic ingredients and over 100 wines under $9.99 ~ some wines starting at $1.99 per bottle. More than 100 wines with 90+ Points ratings and a 100-point wine set.
- Whole Body section: Personal-care items to care for the whole body along with nutritional supplements and vitamins.
- Free Wi-Fi and plenty of parking.
For additional information on Whole Foods Market’s Newport Beach store, please visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com or to stay updated on grand opening events and activities, follow Whole Foods Market Newport Beach on Facebook and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/WholeFoodsNB.
If you’d like to enter to win a party suite at the Hyatt for the Newport Jazz series, with beer, wine, soft drinks and appetizers included – be sure to enter the photo contest on Facebook. If you win, I’m expecting an invite!
Click to open this GrandOpening_Flyer with special offer for the opening.
Disclosure: I have been working with Whole Food’s PR team on blogger outreach for some of their So Cal store openings. Tough gig, huh? I’ve found that just about everyone loves Whole Foods. Even the ones that don’t need it as much as I do. It’s nice to work with a company that’s doing good in communities, and supporting health and wellness in so many ways.