Kool Aid Dip Dye your Hair & Take Pics With the Kool Aid Man

Summertime is a great time for tweens and teens to try out new looks. My daughter and her friends had a blast dip dying their hair with Kool Aid and taking pictures with Kool Aid Man via the Kraft Foods Photo Booth App.

Here’s a short video and full instructions for dying hair & taking fun pics with the Kool Aid dude are below.

To take pictures with the Kool Aid Man (and a few other popular Kraft “characters” like Mr Peanut and the Oreo Guy – check out the Kraft Foods Photo Booth housed on the GoldRun platform. The GoldRun app is available on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4/4S, iPad 2, 3, 3G, and all standard Android devices. With it you can take fun pictures like the ones in my video and this post. Go to the iTunes or Android App Store and download the FREE app GoldRun, LLC. Login to the app via your Facebook or Twitter account & share your pictures.

To Kool Aid dip dye your hair you need two packets of the unsweetened Kool Aid. Go for the brights! Blue Raspberry and Strawberry produced eye popping results here. It’s fairly simple to do, but because you will be working with boiling liquid I recommend some adult supervision. Boil two cups of water and add the two packets, stirring carefully. Pour the liquid into a mug and dip the ends of your hair into the mug. If you have very long hair, it is a good idea to put it in a ponytail first. Leave hair in Kool Aid for up to 10 minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture and allow hair to dry completely before flat ironing to set the color.

This is a very messy activity and you might want to do the dipping outside. Wear old clothes and have an old towel on hand. The dye stains clothing too!

Color will last from 3 to 6 weeks. Lemon juice and Prell shampoo speed the removal process.

Disclosure: Kraft Foods has provided an iPad 3 at no cost to me, in order to facilitate my use and sharing of their Photobooth App.

Comments

1. Anonymous says

You wash your hair as needed, as usual. There is no need to wash it immediately after dipping and drying and flat ironing. If you want to speed the process of the dye fading, at a later date, you can use a little lemon juice in your hair before you wash.

2. Riri says

Do you put your hair in when the water is still hot or do you wait for it to cool?oh and by the sixth week would all the color have dissapeared and your hair color will be back to normal? Please answer because my school doesnt allow colored hair and I was planning to dip dye for my 1 and a half month holiday so if it isn’t fully gone by the time my school re-starts I will be DEAD so I really need to know.thank you!

3. Anonymous says

My Dd dip-dyed her light blonde hair a couple months ago, and the color is still in. How long it stays in really depends on your hair color. I once tried it on someone with dark hair, and it didn’t even show up. Chances are that it won’t come out before your break is over. Also, you hold your hair in the kool aid while it is still hot.

4. Carla says

You can do it when the water is hot too, matter of fact it works better, and it will come out as you shower so nothing to worry about

5. Anna Korum says

will it work for all types of hair i have light brown with blond high lights will it work and what colors would be good for my hair do u think?????

6. Anonymous says

I thought it would stay on longer than that BC my friend did it like a year ago and it is still in.

7. Tacos is my name says

does it work on dark hair?i have medium brown hair with dirty blonde or blonde highlights. and if it does wwork on dark hair,what colors will work? people say i look good in blue so would blue work? please answer in the best way!! thanks uzz!!!! :)

8. someone with dark drown hair says

This rely works!! I have brown but before I kool aid it I had 2 bleach it… Besides that it rely works

9. alyssa says

i died my hair today and my friends are very jealous of me but i don’t care but i am alyssa Sanchez and i don’t care

10. Hi says

I have dark brown hair and I used red kool aid. It looked really good and it lasted for a weeks. Can’t wait to do it again. :)

11. abby faith says

i have dark brown hair with light gold highlights when the sun hits it.and i have tanned skin what color would look best on me?how long does it last in dark hair?what colors are available?and why do u have to use a flat iron after words?

12. keri says

I have done this before. I have really dark brown hair and i did red. i just tired purple and it didnt work. the best color for dark brown hair that ive found is redish.

13. Samantha says

I have literally black hair. will it work for me? I don’t want it to stay for like a year, preferably 1-2 months

14. someone with medium brown hair says

how long did the color end up lasting on the girl with the dark hair?

15. Ashley says

I have dirty blonde hair. Will the color come out after the first wash? And will it be sticky at any point after I have set the color in?

16. Ashley says

Also do I wait for the kool aid to cool before I dip my hair or do I dip it while its still warm/hot?

17. Nicole101810 says

I have blonde hair like blonde blonde hair and this worked great, I actually did this in mid February and it is still in. It has faded but it still looks great! My friends that I did it with have darker hair (brown) and theirs only stayed in like a month.

18. You may never know my name says

Do u wash u hair right before or like just in the morning before and then sometime in the afternoon dye it with the kool aid???

19. emmalyn says

so I have really dark brown hair and wen im not in the lite its black I REALLY want to dipdye my hair will this work 4 me too or is there some special way I have to do it id prefer not to bleach it and also how long does it last?????????? thx a ton pls answer fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. katie says

this is seriously the cutest thing to do to your hair! i <3 that i can change the color and style of my hair with not having any permanent damage! i recommend that is your hair is dark brown to add an extra packet of kool-aide mix!!! (:

21. Whit says

WARNING: Sometimes. It does NOT come out at all. After trying everything suggested–baking soda, vinegar, clarifying shampoo, dandruff shampoo, tea bath, tempoary (wash out) color that matched my hair, etc.–I had to go a professional. They used varying strengths of soap/bleach baths, and it finally faded a little, but they could not get it out either. Finally, it was covered with my color hair glaze; then, they applied a combination of my color and green hair glaze. (red and green make brown concept) The red still came through. In the end, they added straight green hair glaze. This worked best. You can still see hints of red, but it blends. We also layered my hair and cut out as much as we could. I have spent over $150 dollars getting a 10 cent pack of Kool-Aid out of my hair. I will spend more when alll the hair glaze fades.

22. Abbie says

I had Dip-dyed my hair with koolaid about.. maybe… 9 months ago (My hair is strawberryblonde) and it’s still in!!!! I was soo happy…
    All I did was..
    ·Boil one packet of red koolaid until I thought it was good
    ·pour it in an old up
    ·Soak my hair for 30 min.
    ·Put my hair in tin-foil for 15 min.
    ·Then rinse!

23. Gracie says

I have dirty blonde hair and i was wondering if it will still show up. and if i leave my hair in there longer will the die stay longer?

24. Jessy says

I have blond hair and I just dip dyed it about 20 minutes ago do I leave it in over night or just a few minutes?

Trackbacks