Living in Southern California has its perks. The beach, the great weather, and theme parks galore. We don’t get through a summer without multiple visits to the Zoo, Wild Animal Safari, Legoland, Knotts, Soak City, Disneyland, Sea World and Universal. Not to mention the State Fair. We don’t get through all this fun without the use of a “Sag Wagon”, and by this I mean a big ol’ stroller like the Joovy Ergo Caboose.
Taking four kids to all these places requires military style planning and organization. We tend to need a lot of “stuff” from sunscreen to towels, changes of clothes, jackets, snacks, water bottles… Nobody wants to carry it all. Not the 4 yr old and certainly not the tween/teen girls! My 7yo is a trooper but will still collapse onto a jump seat without shame at the end of a loooong day. In short, we still need a stroller.
My favorite theme park stroller for my family right now, is the Joovy Ergo Caboose. If you travel frequently, even just to the park and the mall, and you have multiple kids then this is a sturdy and versatile (yet lightweight) stroller you should check out closely.
What I love about this stroller:
- Works with two kids of any age (up to weight restrictions) as it accepts car seats and has ample space and roomy seats for older/taller kids. It may be the only stroller you ever need as it goes from birth to 45 lbs. See the Joovy site for images of multiple Joovy Ergo Caboose configurations,
- Holds an absolute ton in the bottom. Room for a beach bag and a backpack plus a couple of towels on our recent trip to the water park. The rear seat flips up for more access to your stuff, so getting it out is not a pain.
- Fast and easy fold, not too heavy. It passed our “Disney Tram” test and gave us no agitation getting into and out of the park. At only 29 lbs, even I can carry it down the escalator. “Thank goodness for the stroller!” was the battle cry at the end of the tired day.
- Thoughtful add ons like snack trays and cup holders are standard. We added in a parent console and this ride now has as many cup holders as my car. Everyone is hydrated!
- Other great available options include colored seat covers, allowing you to customize the stroller – important for theme park use – you want to spot your stroller in a crowd. Ours is apple green.
- Pushes like a dream, even loaded to weight capacity. Frankly we pushed it past weight capacity and it still pushed well. I’m not advocating that anyone else do that here!
- Easy for older kids to ride standing or seated (great for big kids who want to ride for brief periods)
- Tons of sun protection and customizable sunshades (important for So Cal in particular)
Prior to testing this stroller we considered buying a wagon for theme park use but I think we’ll stick with the Joovy Ergo Caboose for at least a couple more years. We’re not ready to give up the convenience of our “Sag Wagon” when we travel with our brood and this ride really makes it much easier to travel! Check out the Joovy website for more details and full specs on the Joovy Ergo Caboose Stroller.
Disclosure: Joovy provided us with a sample stroller for review testing and consideration.